Meet the Team
Technical Director - Matheus 'Matt" Da Silva
Matt was born and raised in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Since moving to Newfoundland, Matt has made himself available volunteering his time in the community and the sport. He made his first appearance in Corner Brook, where he attended school and helped coach kids of all ages. Currently residing in St. John’s, he continues to make a positive impact in the soccer community.
His extensive experience in the sport ranges from playing soccer since the age of 5 and coaching all levels, from Minor to Metro/PYL and Provincial NLSA with an expertise in goal keeping. He has coached the NLSA BU13 team and both GU15 PYL and Provincial teams.
Achievements Matt has as a player & coach include:
- Bronze medal in the Toyota National Championship Challenge Trophy (player, 2022)
- Gold medal in the Johnson Insurance Challenge Cup (player, 2022)
- Silver medal in the Atlantic Championship with NLSA BU14 team (GK Coach, 2022)
- Gold medal in the Atlantic Championship with NLSA BU13 team (Assistant/GK Coach, 2022)
- Gold medal in the NLSA Mega Tournament, GU15 division (Coach, 2022)
- Gold medal in the MPSA 50th Anniversary Tournament, GU15 division (Coach, 2022)
- Gold medal in the Paradise SunSplash Tournament, BU13 division (Coach, 2022)
During the rare breaks that he takes from attending school at MUN and soccer, Matt enjoys hiking with friends, watching movies and reading.
We, as an Executive, strongly feel that he will truly be an asset in this community. His vision for growth and success aligns with the Association’s mission and values.
On behalf of the PCSP Minor Soccer Association and the Town of Portugal Cove - St. Philip’s, welcome Matheus!
Recreation Coordinator (Youth) - John Loveless
John has been a long time PCSPMSA member. He is currently working on completing his Physical Education Degree at MUN and is in his second year. He has been playing soccer with the Association since he was 4 years old and currently resides in Portugal Cove - St. Philips.
His growing list of accomplishments include:
- Playing with NLSA from the age 12-18,
- Playing in a National tournament (Feildians, 2017)
- Winning the 4A Provincial High School Tournament with PWC in 2017.
- He initiated the first ever PCSPMSA Men’s intermediate team in 2019 and has captained the squad through 3 seasons where they took 2nd place in a hard faught battle in the 2022 Championships. John received the Men’s player of the season and also the Men’s Golden Boot for 2022.
He has worked/volunteered with the association since the age of 15 and going into his 6th year, has coached both in our House & Metro League Programs.
He is committed to the Association and will continue with his involvement and be a part of the Association's growth.
John’s goal: “My goal is to share my passion for the sport and shine light on my hometown and club.”